Saturday, November 6, 2010

New York pizza


It's about time I did a post about pizza in New York. Once, I saw this episode of "Man vs. Food" on the Travel Channel that devoted a whole hour to pizza. People in New York and Chicago squared off on which city produced better pizza. It's hard to compare; Chicago has deep-dish. New York has thin-crust. Whatever!

I think the important elements of a winning pizza involve a crispy crust and hella cheese. That's right; HELLA cheese. Not just a smidgen of cheese. A helluva lot of cheese.

Thanks to Nora and Trevor, I've found my go-to pizza place that's conveniently located near campus. This hole-in-the-wall shop is called Koronet Pizza. I like this place so much I'm dragging other friends to it and insisting they try the jumbo.

If you ever get a chance, go to Koronet and get a jumbo slice. Sit there and eat it until you're finished. It doesn't taste the same after you pack it into a ginormous box and cart it home. Believe me; I've tried. Inclement weather does strange things to yummy pizza, you know what I mean? Just enjoy it while the cheese oozes off the paper plate and onto your fingers. Better yet, watch the grease seep through the plate and onto the table top before you take a bite. ;)

-- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment