Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chef Michelle's Restaurant


After a crazy day at work and school, I thought it would be a good idea to cook. Somehow, I believed it would help me de-stress.

This usually never happens. I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to just order take out after a long, hard day? My mind doesn't work that way, I suppose. If I've had a difficult day, I like concentrating on something else. So, I put all my energy into cooking a real meal!

I impulsively bought some uncooked shrimp and beef at my local grocery store. After peeling the shrimp and putting them in boiling water to cook, I added olive oil, garlic salt, regular salt, and pepper to give the dead shrimp some zest. That was doable.

Funny enough, the beef was tougher. Rarely have I ever cooked beef in a way I dislike. I eat beef often enough to know how to cook it well for myself. This time, however, I unnecessarily boiled the beef cubes before I cooked them. After draining the water and dousing the meat with the same stuff I used on the shrimp, I realized just how overcooked it might taste.

I still managed, but I'll know better next time! Somehow, I got some tasty au jus out of the whole situation.


-- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment