Monday, January 3, 2011

Veggie Pita Jubilee

Hey food world! Stephanie here. I'm going to try something new, and branch out into the world of...cooking.

So today, I present: the VEGGIE PITA JUBILEE!

Doesn't it sound fun? And doesn't it complicated? Well...it's not! Even your standard starving, non-culinarily-gifted college student can make it! Ch-ch-check it out!

What you'll need:

* Olive oil! I used extra virgin, but if you want a fruitier flavor, I'd recommend Trader Joe's Spanish Olive Oil.
* Pita bread (the above is from Ralphs, but I prefer Whole Foods')
* Veggies (frozen veggies for dummies like me...fresh stuff if you're awesome)
* Vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
* Pepper
* Butter...if you're still transitioning from fat-ass-dom to less-fat-ass-dom like me.


1) Prepare the veggies in your preferred way. I throw them in with olive oil in a frying pan for about 7 minutes. Get them hot, and not burnt!



2) Mix the vinegar, pepper, and olive oil into your own vinaigrette concoction. If you're into the sour taste, more vinegar. If you're into the plainer taste, more oil. But don't get too carried away. The vinaigrette will be used to coat the veggies...not teach them to swim.

3) Throw the veggie in with your vinaigrette! Mix happily!

4) Heat up the pita so it opens up easily, and put the veggies in! If your pita is a little dry, put veryveryvery minimal butter on top.

And voi-freaking-la! It's hearty, and (kind of) healthy!


Baby steps friends...baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment